Community Development Internship
Detroit, MI // Part Time
MACC Development is a leading christian community development corporation offering an internship opportunity to motivated individuals with a passion for Detroit. The internship runs during corresponding academic semesters and applications are currently being accepted for consideration for Fall 2017 (September - December). Interns must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Interns will be paid in the form of a $750 stipend.
The Intern works to:
The Intern will have an opportunity to develop a broad range of skills working in a nonprofit, community development setting while gaining hands on experience working on strategic planning, program implementation and research. In order to get a full understanding of holistic community development the intern will fully participate in all aspects of the MACC Development's work including volunteer recruitment, economic development research, special event planning and community relations. As a full member of our team the intern will have the opportunity not only to participate, but to help determine the direction of our work.
- Support the development and planning of projects and events
- Attend Staff Meetings
- Provide support of various team members
- Communicating with various stakeholders
- Organizing online database
- Attend community meetings and events as needed
- Help with maintaining inventory and supplies
- Excellent communication skills
- Very self-motivated, can work independently
- Strong evidence of organizational abilities
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program with a focus community development, urban planning or related field
- Ability to live in or be willing to relocate to the 48214
- Demonstrate an interest in community development
- Experience in community outreach
- Experience in Urban ministry
About MACC Development:
The mission of Mack Avenue Community Church Community Development Corporation (MACC Development) is to seek the holistic revitalization of Detroit’s 48214 community, block by block, neighbor by neighbor. Since its establishment in 2010, MACC Development has focused its efforts in the areas of youth and education, housing and blight, and economic development, and has created several initiatives to spearhead solutions to those challenges.
View pdf of application here.
No phone calls please.