MACC Sports Program Director
Detroit, MI // Full Time
MACC Development is a Christian community development corporation committed the holistic revitalization of Detroit’s 48214 community, block by block, neighbor by neighbor. We exist to see the gospel advanced and to promote the dignity, value, and worth of every resident. MACC Sports seeks to see families disicipled and the gospel advanced in the 48214 through sports. The program strives to balance high quality sports instruction with gospel-centered character development.
MACC Sports successfully established a soccer league of 60 participants in the Fall of 2010, and has since expanded to include more than 200. In 2016 MACC Sports added weeklong summer camps: On Goal Soccer Camp and Volleyball Camp. In 2017, MACC Sports hosted its first basketball league of 40 participants. The program strives to balance high quality sports instruction with gospel-centered character development.
The Program Director works to:
The MACC Sports Program Director (PD) will serve as the program’s primary decision-maker, personnel-organizer, and capacity-builder. The PD will serve as the face of the program, coordinate current operations, manage volunteers, build awareness, cultivate strategic partnerships, fundraise, maintain the theological vision, and oversee the continued growth of MACC Sports in general.
The PD will meet regularly with and report directly to the MACC Development Executive Director.
- Lead planning of MACC Sports operations
- Recruit and equip volunteers and participants
- Purchase and manage supplies
- Serve as primary representative and P.O.C.
- Build partnerships and community awareness
- Work for program improvement and growth
- Abide by all MACC Development staff expectations
- Evangelical faith and open support for MACC
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Very self-motivated, can work independently
- Strong evidence of organizational abilities
- Self-starter with an ownership mentality and a strong sense of drive and urgency to meet goals.
- Ample amount of communication skills
- Ability to live in or be willing to relocate to the 48214
- Experience in youth sports
- Experience in Urban ministry
The MACC Sports Program Director is a full-time, paid position. The Director is responsible for raising a portion of his or her salary. A stipend for health care benefits, varying based on the need of the candidate and his/her family and generous PTO offering.
More about MACC Development:
The mission of Mack Avenue Community Church Community Development Corporation (MACC Development) is to seek the holistic revitalization of Detroit’s 48214 community, block by block, neighbor by neighbor. Since its establishment in 2010, MACC Development has focused its efforts in the areas of youth and education, housing and blight, and economic development, and has created several initiatives to spearhead solutions to those challenges. Check out our amazing team and history here.
View pdf of application here.
No phone calls please.