Youth and Education Program Assistant
Detroit, MI // Part Time
MACC Development is committed to seeing every family in the 48214 thrive and we believe in the power of community and caring for our neighbor. We want to continue seeing the gospel advanced and are seeking a talented individual to become our new Youth and Education Program Assistant to work alongside our sports and literacy team.
The Program Assistant is expected to work 30 to 35 hours per week, 4 to 5 days a week. The compensation is $13.00/hour. They will assist the MACC Lit Program Manager & MACC Sports Program Manager on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. And pending on In-Season or Off-Season, will work a flex day Friday or Saturday.
The Program Assistant works to:
The primary role of the Youth and Education Program Assistant is to help support and implement two foundational programs, MACC Sports and MACC Lit. Under the leadership of the respective Program Managers you will work to implement much of the behind the scenes administrative tasks while also being a friendly face to program participants and their families.
- Help provide support and organization to the tutoring programs (after school and summer camp) and all sports leagues and camps
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers (tutors, coaches, concessions and setup/teardown teams.)
- Assist in recruiting youth participants via email, canvassing and direct outreach
- Assist with the development of gospel centered curriculum and lesson planning
- Aide in administering testing and evaluating student reading levels
- Help with maintaining inventory of all sporting equipment and reading supplies
- Experience working with youth
- Excellent communication skills
- Evangelical faith and open support of Mack Ave. Community Church
- Very self-motivated, can work independently
- Strong evidence of organizational abilities
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time due to walking while canvassing
- All applicants be at least 18 years old
- Ability to live in or be willing to relocate to the 48214
- Familiarity with youth literacy and sports
- Experience in marketing or community outreach
- Experience in Urban ministry
About MACC Development:
The mission of Mack Avenue Community Church Community Development Corporation (MACC Development) is to seek the holistic revitalization of Detroit’s 48214 community, block by block, neighbor by neighbor. Since its establishment in 2010, MACC Development has focused its efforts in the areas of youth and education, housing and blight, and economic development, and has created several initiatives to spearhead solutions to those challenges.
MACC Lit is a dynamic, award-winning youth and literacy program that works with 40-60 youth each year. MACC Sports is a multi-sport youth recreation league that has seen its enrollment increase to hundreds of players and dozens of families.
View pdf of application here.
No phone calls please.