We seek to see families discipled and the Gospel advanced in the 48214 through sports. MACC Sports is a community-focused sports program that strives to balance high-quality sports instruction with Gospel-centered character-growth and teaching
Sports provide a strong opportunity to build relationships with children and their parents. Furthermore, the role a coach plays in a child’s life can be one of tremendous impact. Our desire is to use this platform to lead our youth towards Christ and to instill our athletes with a strong work ethic, discipline, and respect. Our coaches use a biblio-centric curriculum to ensure that the gospel is communicated clearly.
MACC Sports offers volunteer-led athletic leagues played at Pingree Park, a local park at the center of the 48214′s north-of-Mack-Avenue neighborhood. The league includes: full uniforms; team photographs: Christ-centered volunteer coaches, quality drills and skill improvement; pre-written gospel curriculum for each practice; high quality play—painted fields, referees for each game, and age appropriate goals; end of season pizza party and Medals Ceremony for all participants and families.
Gospel-Centered Skill Curriculum
MACC Sports’ leadership devoted dozens of hours to crafting original soccer skill curriculum, combined with a gospel lesson, for every practice. Coaches are selected based on age-relevant skill levels as well as for their character and responsibility in leading children.
- Location: Pingree Park, Detroit, MI (Forest and Burns)
- Ages 4-14
- Practices on Wednesdays from 5:15-6:45pm except 4-5 yr olds practice on Saturdays at 10:30am before games
- Games on Saturdays between 11am and 12:30 pm
WINTER BASKETBALL LEAGUE
- Practice on Thursdays, 5:30-7:30pm
- Game on Saturdays, starting at 10:00am or 11:30am
- Uniform (jersey, shorts, socks) included in registration fee.
- Participants evaluated on Opening Day and placed on a team by the first practice.
- Bible lesson at every practice.